Do you like to see the micro world with easy to use devices like your smartphone? Blips, a set of 3 mini lenses (Macro, Micro, Ultra-Mini) are such devices that will turn your smartphone into a digital microscope in seconds. You can explore the microscopic world and the detailed details hassle free. Blips can be used by everyone for professional investigations or just for fun.
How to Use Blips:
Here are the steps to start using Blips microscopic Lenses on your smartphone:
- Clean the glass of your smartphone camera with a piece of fabric or cloth to make sure dust and grease are properly removed
- Lift BLIPS by one end
- Keep the two ends of the film facing upwards, align the lens on the camera and press it onto the glass window; it will adhere electrostatically, do not be scared to touch and press the lens with your finger
- Stick the rest of the film onto the smartphone body.
- Open the App which will be available for iOS and Android devices for free.
- Move your device close to the object you want to observe and put the lens as close as possible to the sample and slowly move backward until the image is focused, or use the sponge to easily find the accurate distance. If light conditions are weak, activate the flashlight mode on your mobile and the flash command in the app.
Blips macro is the first step for standard microscopic photography. Blips Macro captures high definition macro pictures with an optical magnification of about 10 times. It is extremely thin, about 0.5mm and very user-friendly. The working distance between the lens and the object should be about 1/2 inch. Bilps Macro can be used as a high power magnification for accurate works like observing a small bug on a leaf.
Blips Micro is just like a normal microscope that is portable and user-friendly. Blips Micro is used for detailed details of about 1/7000 inch and is less than 1.2 mm high. The working distance between the lens and the object should be about 6mm to discover tiny details at a high definition. Using the digital zoom, it is even possible to achieve the magnification of over 100x*.
Blips Ultra is the highest magnification lens that can be used to research for the most pin details of your object like the appearance of a fungus on bread mold. Due to the high level of magnification, the Ultra Lens needs the level of stability for shooting pictures. To achieve the stability, you can use smartphone stage that is included in every lab kit.
Blips Macro, Micro, Ultra lenses come in 3 kits. Blips basic kit includes 1 Blips Macro, 1 Blips Micro, and 2 sponges. Blips Lab kit includes 2 of Macro and Microlenses, 1 light source, 2 sponges, smartphone stage, and 6 prepared slides. Blips Ultra kit contains 3 BLIPS lenses: Micro, Macro, and Ultra, 1 light source, 2 sponges, 1 smartphone stage, 6 prepared slides.
NOTE: for smartphones that have the camera lens near the corner (for example iPhones), you can turn the extra film around the edge of the device or you can cut it away with scissors, as in the illustrated instructions.
How Blips is shaped:
BLIPS is made up of composite multilayered structures. Each element is composed of a specifically designed objective lens, placed on a flexible film. The back side surface of the flexible film sticks on the glass of the mobile device or tablet covering the camera, by electrostatic forces. No glue is used behind the lenses, so there are no residues on the camera when the lens is removed. The film is long enough to ensure easy handling and correct lens alignment on the mobile device camera. Two sticky bands are made of a specially engineered material for multiple and clean uses and to keep the BLIPS firm on the device surface either glossy or matt device surface without using heavy spring clips pressing against the touchscreen of your device.
Technical Specifications of Blips:
- Extremely thin Lenses: Macro-.5mm, Micro-1.2mm, Ultra-1.5mm
- Made of plastic resin of shore hardness D 80-90 that cannot easily deformable
- High refractive index material for superior optical performance
- Optimized optical design
- Non-sticky top surface that is dust-free and extremely easy to clean
- Harmless when in contact with skin
- High resolution
BLIPS REQUIRES LITTLE MAINTENANCE:
Keep Blips on the camera for as long as you need for a whole day or more. When you do not use Blips for long periods, place the lenses back on their original card. Keep them in your wallet, bag, or anywhere you want.
The adherence might be weak when applied below 15°C (50F).
- Extremely thin and light being Macro-.5mm, Micro-1.2mm, Ultra-1.5mm.
- Highly adjustable.
- Easy to clean.
- Electrostatic adherence
- Blips support iOS and Android devices only. Other devices need to install your favorite applications to use it.