Instagram’s Boomerang App:
Instagram, the popular mobile oriented Social Networking company, just released a the Boomerang App into the market it’s already making a huge buzz.
The Boomerang app from Instagram is one of the most minimal optioned App that I have ever encountered so far.
Being launched under one of the world’s largest Social Network already gave a huge boost. With the potential it has got and the attention it garners from the youth and adults, Boomerang is poised to be one of the most successful apps launched this year.
With a size of under 12 MB on iOS and 5MB on Android, the Boomerang app from Instagram is currently available for Android and iOS devices and works great on the latest versions of the OS on respective platforms. [adinserter block=”10″]Boomerang is also available in several languages such as Greek, Turkish, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Dutch, Czech, Norwegian, Danish, Vietnamese, Thai, Spanish, Slovak, German Hungarian, Indonesian, Korean, Croatian, Polish, Malay, Russian and few others.
How Instagram’s Boomerang App Works
- Let me tell you something, there are actually several apps that are named with Boomerang (prefix/suffix/just). So, while downloading the Boomerang app, make sure you get the app from Instagram, LLC.
- Once you have successfully downloaded the Boomerang app, you are almost ready to record GIFs. All you need to do is just open the App and start recording. [adinserter block=”11″]That is as simple as it should be. I have elaborated every step from Installation of Boomerang to Record GIFs and Share GIFs on Social Media in a step by step procedure below.
- Search & Install Boomerang App from App Store on iOS Devices and Play Store on Android Devices.
- Open the App on your device. Now, you are provided with a direct recording interface with just two buttons, the one in the Middle (capture) for capturing or recording a GIF and the semi-circular curved arrows to switch between Front & Rear cameras.
- Use the switch button to switch between Front and Back cameras. Once you are settled with whichever view is suitable for you, click on capture to start recording a video for just 1 second. [adinserter block=”9″]
- Once the GIF is successfully recorded, the user will be displayed with Options to share the GIF to Social Media. The two direct options are Facebook and Twitter. If you want to share it to some other Social network, you just need to use the More option that enables you to choose the Social Network that you want to share the GIF too.
The recorded video might be for just one second, but it loops for about 4-5 times which makes it a great GIF.[adinserter block=”10″] The recorded GIF is more than 10 MB which is quite large compared to a regular GIF, this might trouble users while uploading it.
This could be a major drawback, but I personally don’t think that would affect the App to a large extent.