iPhone 7 Launch Update:
iPhone 7 official launch will take place on 7 September as expected. Apple has sent out invites for the next high-profile event that will take place on 7 September. It is likely to announce the iPhone 7 or iPhone 6SE . Along with iPhone 7 Apple will make announcements on Watch 2.
You can watch a live stream of the event here at 10:30PM IST. Going by some early leaks, the device pre-orders could be scheduled for 9 September and units could hit stores on 23 September. The leak had showed three iPhone 7 models.
- It’s believed that the new phone will have minor visual differences like fewer antenna lines and won’t have the headphone jack.
- The new models are believed to be water resistant and will come with a dual camera.
- The phone will also probably be a 32 GB model and Apple might do away with the 16 GB one.
- The chipset is expected to be bumped to A10.
- A home button with Force Touch capabilities would also mean an updated scanning technology from Sonavation, believed to be the only other company that has developed ultrasonic fingerprint reading technologies.
- Another highlight of the event is likely to be the Watch 2. The company is likely to launch two models of the Watch this year.
- The new watch 2 models will bring better waterproofing,
- hardware features such as a GPS,
- thinner display with One Glass Solution
- A barometer and a higher capacity battery life.
- Similar to the Apple iPhone 7, even the Watch models are expected to come without any cosmetic changes. One of the great rumors ongoing for months was the inclusion of cellular connectivity.