Smartwatch Products from Samsung
Smartwatch Products from Samsung have launched with new feature called Contactless payments. At the IFA technology tradeshow, the world’s biggest smartphone maker introduced the Gear S3 Classic and Gear S3 Frontier.
These two are Smartwatch Products support Samsung Pay, the Frontier version also allow users to make phone calls or even book an Uber ride from the device without the need for a smartphone to be connected.
As per Tony Kim, from Samsung’s global product planning team, Samsung wants people to leave their phone at home and use only the Smartwatch Products like Gear S3 Classic or Gear S3 Frontier.
Samsung introduced its first wristwatch-like device in 2013 ahead of Apple and other rivals to carve a share of the booming wearable market, however they failed to draw people’s attention to the new watch category.
But it has steadily been increasing it’s feature sets of such products, making them less dependent on being permanently in range of a connected phone.
Smartwatch Products for Contactless Payments
- Apple is slightly ahead of Samsung in rolling out its Apple Pay contactless payment business — currently present in nine regions compared to Samsung’s eight.
- Both systems let consumers register a credit or bank card to their phones in order to make small contactless payments in stores, taxis, or on public transport.
- And both companies now have wearables that support the technology.
- The feature in Samsung’s model allows the watch to have its own phone number for making phone calls, sending SMS messages or using apps from Spotify or Uber.
- Only U.S. and Korean versions of the Gear will support this feature, with other regions needing Wi-Fi or to be connected via Bluetooth to a compatible phone.
- Samsung’s incorporation of cellular connectivity into the previous Gear models was a key contributor to the product line’s success.
Smartwatch Products With Many Compatibility Features
- Gear S3 include a 1.3-inch color display
- It has GPS location sensor, 4GB of internal memory,
- The wireless charging and battery the company says will last between three and four days on a single charge.
- It’s also resistant to water and dust.
- Just as Apple’s smartwatch does not connect to Samsung’s phones, Samsung’s Gear S3 doesn’t connect to its rival’s iPhone range, although it’s compatible with many competing Android devices such as those manufactured by Sony and LG.
Growing Segment for Smartwatch Products
Smartwatches will be the fastest growing segment of the wearables market and promises to be an even bigger year, Morgan Evans, head of communications for Samsung in Europe, said in Berlin.